Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Thanksgiving.  One word says so much – Give thanks.  What a directive we have from this one word.  So, that’s what I’m going to do.  I am so grateful for all I have.  I am blessed.  Everything I have is a direct blessing from Christ.  Any good thing that has come to me starts as a praise and thanks to Jesus, first and foremost, every time.  This Thanksgiving I am reminiscent as to how blessed I am.

I have a wonderful family ~ a husband who loves me and works so hard to provide for his family and kids.  We both have jobs and enjoy what we do.  I have the wonderful privilege of working part time.  I have a home.  We are all healthy.  Really, what do I need? 


We eat early (I call it Linner…get it, lunch and dinner) so we can rest then walk around the block then start round two later in the evening.  I have to deliberately not eat too much so I can enjoy dessert and still have a second go-round.  This is one of our favorite meals of the entire year.  I have the same basic  items cooked the same way every year.  My husband would not be happy if I tried to switch up the meal.  This year I did add a couple new items (some Brussels sprouts (shredded and fried) and scalloped potatoes).  They weren’t well received.  I actually like the Brussels sprouts.  I think I’ll make them again with an Asian dish and use cabbage.  I also made a new dessert – a combo of pumpkin and pecan in a bar instead of a pie.  I’m still too full to try it.  The crust was good when I snuck a taste as I was making it.

Two football games down with one more pro game and one more college to go.  I am NOT going out at midnight to shop.  I will peruse Wal-Mart tomorrow for a few items-around 7:00 am.  I did hit JC Penney today, via website, and got some Black Friday deals already. 

I hope your day has been a blessed one and one you can be thankful for.

Gobble gobble.

No comments:

Post a Comment