Sunday, November 20, 2011

Korean Beef

I promised to follow up on how the Korean Beef in the crockpot turned out.  To refresh...I had a busy day and evening so I tried this recipe in the crockpot.  My hubby loves a good Korean Beef and I was hoping this would come together for him.  The result.....YUM!  It turned out very good and the hubby liked it.  Thank goodness. 

Picture from Stephanie's blog

It was so easy.  Throw all ingredients into the pot and turn it on.  10 hours later you have amazingly tender beef with a great flavor.  The house smelled so good too. 
I copied this recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking.  Stephanie made this as tacos and has a slaw recipe that turned out great.

Here's her recipe:

3-4 pounds beef roast
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 head garlic (peeled, but leave cloves intact--approx 10 cloves)
 1/2 onion, diced
1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 whole jalapeno, diced (be careful! use gloves!)


The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Okay. This truly can't be any easier. I didn't brown my meat, but I did trim off the visible fat. I can make these directions complicated and tell you to add this or that first,
but it honestly doesn't matter. This is going to cook on low all day long, and the ingredients will distribute just fine all on their own. Throw everything in however you'd like.

Cover, and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat has fully shredded--- you can help it out by cutting the meat into pieces an hour or so before serving time. Serve in soft corn or flour tortillas (we are gluten free, and used tiny corn tortillas that are labeled gluten free) with shredded cabbage salad and white or brown rice.

this is how I made my shredded cabbage:

1 bag shredded coleslaw from the grocery store's produce section
1 tablespoon soy sauce (la choy or tamari wheat-free)
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
toss together and serve immediately
 
Enjoy this one.  We sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment