Some random things I've been enjoying lately:
1. Dave Ramsey. He is on the radio when I leave work and I enjoy listening to his wise financial advise. What impresses me most is his kind and merciful heart toward the callers.
2. Sunshine. We have had some incredible days these last few days. We hit 70 today and yesterday was one of the nicest Easter Sunday's we've had in years.
3. Seattle Mariners. Opening day for baseball today! OK, yesterday a game was played, but today is the real opening day for the other 28 teams.
4. My Ninja blender. That baby blends my smoothies like there is no tomorrow. I love it. Throw in some ice, yogurt, protein, fruit, spinach and juice and away I go for breakfast.
5. The Bible series on the History channel. If you missed this program I highly recommend renting the five-part, ten hour series. There were some artistic liberties taken, obviously, but I don't think the integrity of the message was altered.
6. My small group. We just finished studying why we believe.... the Bible, Jesus, Resurrection and other topics. It was very interesting and affirming.
7. The Amazing Race. My daughter and I enjoy watching this show together. I could never go on that show. I'd lose any cool I had (which really is none) and show my ugly competitive side. Plus, I over-think things all the time, which is not good if you want to do well on that show.
8. My Starbucks app. I recently discovered this app. It keeps track of my gift card, my purchases and free items. When I purchase I just show the home screen and the barista scans my phone and the charges are automatically deducted. It was fun to go through the drive through and flash my phone and off I go.
9. The last few months of my son home. I am enjoying the time with my kids while they are still home. Soon enough they will be going off to college and moving on with their adult lives.
10. Bar-B-Q's. With the nice weather we've been having, we had our first bar-b-q tonight. Cheese burgers-yum. I add all kinds of toppings: Gorgonzola cheese, peppercini peppers, red peppers and mix the hamburger with garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. Love them!
What has been catching your eye lately?