Monday, August 6, 2012
I've been tagged
My friend, not just in the blogging world but in real life, Jenn of Four For France, tagged me for a Q & A blog. I think these are fun because you get a chance to learn a little bit more about your friends. Some answers you may be able to guess, but many are surprises.
So here are my answers to the following questions:
1. What color are your socks right now?
No socks. I am sitting on the couch. No I'm reclining on the couch with a blanket over my lap with laptop warming my thighs. Athletic socks are white or black. Dress socks usually black and a couple brown. I'm pretty bland in that area.
2. What are you listening to right now?
The Olympics on TV which is currently showing Race Walking. I guess I really do love the Olympics, no matter what is being shown. And my dogs deep breathing as they lie next to me. Now my daughter showed up and I'm hearing her ask why race walking is even a sport.
3. What was the last thing you ate?
Yum, Noodle Express leftovers from yesterday's lunch. My favorite part is the vinegar slaw.
4. Can you drive a stick shift?
Oh yes. My car is an automatic, which I prefer.
5. Last person you spoke to on the phone?Texting doesn't count. I spoke with my hubby on my way home from running errands - hands free of course.
6. How old are you today?
That is a funny question. 46. I'll be 46 for about 335 more days.
7. What is your favorite sport to watch?
I love to watch baseball, the Mariners. I know. Most people don't find baseball too exciting, but I do. I missed out on being at the perfect game pitched against the Mariners earlier this season. I drove right past the stadium and walked around downtown Seattle and was tempted to take in the game, but hung out with my sisters instead I also love to watch volleyball. Both indoor and beach. I prefer the women, but the men are exciting too.
8. What is your favorite drink?
Hmm. That one is a loaded question. Depends on the time of day. Morning - coffee with french vanilla creamer; during the day - water, evening - Sauvignon Blanc wine.
9. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Highlight it every 6 - 8 weeks. Tried going a bit red once, but that didn't work out.
10. What is your favorite food?
Rice. The rice pot never leaves the counter. We go through 50 pounds of rice every 1 1/2 months or so. No kidding.
11. Do you sing in the shower?
12. Favorite day of the year?
I have to agree with Jenn with Thanksgiving, but I am also partial to the 4th of July. I love putting out the flag and bar b q'ing. And there is usually a baseball game on TV too.
13. What is one place you want to visit?I'm going to cheat on my answer: Europe. I've never been out of North America and would love to tour all over Europe.
14. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I had a doll, about 18 inches tall. I think her name was Ruth, but I don't remember. She had chestnut brown hair that I could pull out from the top of her head to give her long hair, or turn the nob in her back and shorten it to a bob.
15. What is your favorite season?
I think Fall has to win out. It is still warm, but getting cool. I love to pull out sweaters and college football is on every Saturday which my hubby and I love to watch. OK, add college football to question #7.
So now you know a bit more about me. Feel free to answer any or all questions and we all can get to know you more too.