Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Live Fit

I'm motivated started working out again.  Since I know I could put together workouts, but don't and just winging it doesn't do it for me, I started following a 12 week program found at bodybuilding.com.  You can find the one I've started here.  I've just began week 4. 

Here's what I have learned about the workouts so far.  I am feeling much stronger than I have in a long time.  This is a good thing.  I have been trying to eat healthier (not that I was real bad before, but trying to be a bit more conscientious).  This is also a good thing.  I haven't lost any weight.  This on the surface seems like a bad thing, but I do think I am burning some of the fat and converting it to muscle.  That's what I'm going with and that is a good thing.  Unfortunately, it must be all the inside fat because no surface fat seems to be smoothing out.  OK.  Too many descriptive words?  Well, it is what it is.  I did take measurements so after phase 2 I plan to measure again and hope to see some results that way.

The first phase (four weeks) is all weight work.  Cardio is added beginning week 5.  I think this is where the trimming down will come.  I am hoping!  I decided to add some cardio this week anyway.  Part of that reasoning is I purchased some new "running" shoes.  Actually, they are treadmill joggers.  I don't get out much.  This has helped inspire me to want to move again. 

Besides the workouts, the site also has recipes and I've made two of them:  turkey meatloaf muffins and pumpkin protein bars.  Here they are.


Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

Get Lean, Eat Clean
Ingredients
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
  3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
  4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
  5. Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.  (I was able to get about 18 from this recipe.  They freeze great and thaw quickly.  I warm up two and they are a great and filling snack.)

Serving Size:
Women: 2 muffins
Men: 4 muffins


 Pumpkin Protein Bars  These are SO good!
Pumpkin Protein Bars

Nutrition Facts:

Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein

Ingredients: 

Directions: 

  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
  3. Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
  4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
  5. Makes 24 squares.
Thanks, Jamie Eason for these great recipes.

I hope this gives you some snack ideas. 

1 comment:

  1. The turkey meatloaf muffins look yummy!
    I found that when I was working out hard and not losing weight, that I was actually losing inches. My trainer friend said to not worry about the scale because it will show up in the measurements. She suggests not using a scale, I can't do that.
    I just started going to Boot Camp classes. They kick my butt but I love it! I have only been to 3 so far but already feel stronger for it. Can't wait for the muscle soreness to not be as bad :)

    ReplyDelete