Wednesday, November 7, 2012

College Search

A few weeks ago I took my son to preview a college.  Having a senior in high school has a whole new set of issues to worry about, plan, prepare....so many things to keep track of.  A few months ago he wasn't sure what he wanted to do after graduation.  Junior year is a very tough year, academically.  Coming into his senior year he was getting pretty tired of school. 

Who really knows what they want to do with their life at 17?  Not many kids do.  So he went from taking a year off next year to looking at a trade to now the engineering field.  He was looking at one university out of state until I talked with a coworker, who mentioned another university to consider.  As we looked into that school more, my son realized he wanted to pursue that school. 

We decided to take a day off and head over to check it out.  I loved it!  But better yet, my son loved it!  He already applied and we are waiting for the acceptance.   The more we looked at the school and talked about it, the more it was feeling right.  We had many friends tell us they know people who went there and how much they got out of their education and a successful career. 

I'm still a bit shocked that I have a kid who will be old enough to graduate from high school.  It doesn't seem possible.  But I look at him and am so proud of him.  My baby boy really is becoming such a fine man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment