Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chili Recipe

One of my favorite dinners is Chili.  Especially in the fall with football.  I don't know about you, but I think they just go together.  I love my recipe because it's so easy and quick and I think it has just the right amount of spice without being over powering. 

I love chili "Hawaiian style".  I call it that because the Hawaiians eat chili over rice.  Anyone that knows me or my family know we are huge rice eaters.  We go through 50 pounds of rice about every six weeks.  So we eat chili over rice and top with onions and cheese - mmm, yummy.



If you need a new idea for dinner, try my chili - I hope you like it.

Easiest Chili
Can = about 15 oz, give or take

1 pound Ground Beef
1 can Corn, drained
1 can Kidney Beans, drained
1 can Black Beans, drained
1 can Tomato Sauce
2 heaping tablespoons Chili Powder
1 heaping tablespoon Cumin
Brown ground beef in a large sauce pan (or dutch oven).  Drain fat.  Add remaining ingredients and heat through.  Can simmer for as long as needed.  Stir occassionally.

And that's all there is to it.  Eat over rice and top with shredded cheese and onion. 

Optional versions - brown diced onion with ground beef.  Add green chilis.  I've used a can of beer and added tomato paste.  Once I had two New York steaks and cut those into chunchs and used that instead of ground beef and put all in the crockpot and cooked for 6 hours.  My son loved that version.  So you can personalize this to your tastes but the basic is good as is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment