Monday, February 13, 2012

I'm Back

So sorry to be gone so long.  These past 6 weeks have been something.  I am surprised as to how consuming the passing of my father-in-law.  We rejoice that he's in heaven and blessed his passing was quick, but it did put us in a funk for a bit.  Then add all the things that are involved in dealing with the death of a loved one.  That alone has filled our free time.

Then on to my busy month at work and putting in extra time.  January is a hectic time for me - closing out the previous year and getting everything ready for the new year.  But, I really like my job, so even when it gets busy I know how fortunate I am to have this great job.

Now my dad is gravely ill.  I've spent the last few weekends visiting him.  My sisters all came out to visit at the same time and what a blast it was to spend time with the girls.  That rarely happens anymore since we are spread across the country.  We all spent time with Dad and laughed so hard over the weekend.  I think the fun was cathartic for us and Dad.  Yes, we got a bit noisy at times and he had to tell us to quiet down, but isn't that what dad's are supposed to do?  I am so thankful that I was able to visit. 

I welcome your prayers over my dad, his wife and my family. 

So, the plan is to get back to sharing the goings on and any other fun stuff that comes along.
See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment