Thursday, January 12, 2012

Going Home

I've been away from the blogging for a bit.  We've been a bit out of sorts and pre-occupied the last couple of weeks.  My father-in-law passed away expectantly the week after Christmas.  That caused my husband to be out of town for a few days and all that goes on with the arrangements and overseeing everything is more consuming than I realized.  So that has been taking up most of any free time we have.  I think in the next week things should be slowing down and at a more manageable pace.

We are sad about our loss of him, but we are also rejoicing in the fact that he loved and lived for Jesus!  That man loved to share stories and his love of Jesus.  I know, without a doubt, that he is home in heaven, Jesus was there to greet him, the angels were singing and dancing and his wife was waiting with open arms. 

His passing also reminds me to share Jesus (something I have to admit I'm not good at).  Also to let those I love know I love them.  When I shared the news with my family I also took a minute to let them know how much I loved them. 

Don't let time steal you away from letting your loved ones know how much you care about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment